CD PROJEKT RED has deep-dived into what the free next-gen update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will include. Earlier this month, the development studio behind Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher announced that the free next-gen update would be arriving on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on December 14, 2022.
- Improved visuals: Ray Tracing, improved Screen Space Reflections, improved foliage, better textures and more visual improvements are coming to the game. Enjoy them to the fullest thanks to FSR 2.1 and DLSS 3 support!
- Camera, controls and UI changes: rediscover the Continent from a new perspective — we’ve added an alternative camera option that’ll bring you closer to the action. Combined with the alternative Quick Sign Casting option, map filtering and the option to dynamically hide the minimap, it will make exploration even more exciting than before!
- Photo mode
- Integrated mods: included some community-made favourites plus modifications made by CDPR.
- Quest fixes: fixes to From Ofier’s Distant Shores, Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear and more!
- Netflix DLC: enjoy alternative looks for Dandelion and Nilfgaardian soldiers, as well as a new quest, inspired by the show, where you’ll be able to get diagrams for new equipment for Geralt.
- Cross-progression: play the game how you like, wherever you like and carry over your latest save between platforms.
Full patch notes will be arriving before the update’s release on December 14, 2022.
Watch the trailer here:
The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt next-gen upgrade will be available on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X from December 14th, 2022.
Pingback: Where To Buy The Witcher 3 Before The Free Next-Gen Update | EXP Share+